Monday, July 14, 2008

Hot Day

Went out for a run today during lunch and it was hot! Days like today people would just want to stay in the air conditioning and not come out until winter! I did manage 2.25 miles in a time of 26 mins. I am getting there. I am still finding that the first mile or so is really tough and seems to get easier as the run goes on. I am trying to figure out a way to bring my bike to work so I can ride on the days that I am not running. I would just ride my bike to work, but I have to drop the kids off at daycare at 8:30 and I need to be at work by 9:00. So thats not going to work. Maybe I will just put the bike on the rack and bring it inside with me during the day. That might work. I really need to get on the bike. The family went camping this past weekend and at the camp ground is a really nice pond. The water was so warm, almost the same temp as my pool. I swam around for a few minutes and it felt great. I am glad I brought my goggles with me. I asked the life guard if I could go beyond the rope marker, but she said no. Oh well.

Congrats to all those who participated in Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island. I heard it went very well.

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Thanks for having your state host such a great event! It was awesome. You should do it next year (when all the bugs are worked out and it will be even beter).

Michelle said...

Good job getting out there in the heat. I'm running the Blessing course this weekend, and I'm dreading it - it's supposed to be in the lower 90s. I'm ready for Fall....

Rachel said...

Thank God for daylight savings. It's tough juggling the kids.