Thursday, May 1, 2008

Busy Week

This week has been very busy. We are having a party for Reese's 2nd birthday on Saturday so I have been going crazy getting the house ready, doing yard work and shopping. At least I squeezed in a 3 mile run yesterday.

Same thing happened during yesterday's run. I used my Garmin 305 to make sure I wasn't running to fast. I figured keep it at a steady 6.0mph. I still felt like crap until mile 2. Then for the last mile I was running around 7.0mph with no problem. I even sprinted up the death hill leading up to the Y!!! I just can't figure it out. Some one at work thought I might be catching my "2nd Wind". Is there such a thing? I felt like I could have ran another couple of miles. But I am still taking things slow with running. I have felt no pain for the past few weeks so I am good to go and will probably start increasing the mileage.

Happy May everyone!

6 comments:

Mike said...

I have the same problem with the first mile/20mins of my runs (especially morning runs) ... same thing happened this morning :(

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to Reese!

Glad you're still running pain-free!

Rachel said...

Can you believe it's May already? Happy B-day--2 years old!

Unknown said...

The first mile always seems the hardest, especially when you are getting back into it. Once your body warms up, you settle into your pace. Nice job!

Sherry said...

I'm beginning to chalk up my 'late stage' speed to warmed up muscles. I normally do a quick power walk before I start my run, but I never truly feel warmed up until about a mile out. Same goes for brick workouts... after the bike, it takes me a good mile to get my legs back under me. I'm tapering this week, but last night I did a quick 2 mile run. The first mile averaged somewhere around 11:00 min/mile... by the time I got home I was running a 9:17. Go figure!!

Pasqual said...

Shawn, congratulations you are doing it very well !! :-)

I think that we are sharing a similar goal this year 2008, I'm going to try to participate in a couple of triathlon sprint

sure I'm gonna keep visiting your blog