Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Could I be ready for a Sprint Tri in August?

Since I have started running again I have been thinking about what races I could do in the next few months. I know I want to do the 3rd Annual Ocean Community YMCA Triathlon in September, but I also think I can be ready to do the Wild Dog Triathlon on August 17th. Not that any Triathlon is easy, but this one would probably rank as the easiest around. Its a .25 mile swim, 10 mile bike and a 3 mile run. So in my mind I could run during the week and then on the weekends hit the pool and get some bike rides in until August 1st. Then after I am done with these crazy 80 hour work weeks, I can add a little more swimming and biking into my training. Am I crazy? Probably, but I really want to do this Tri. These past few months have been so crazy and most of my goals have been washed down the drain due to injuries and job related stuff. So if I can complete 2 sprint triathlons this summer I would be very excited! Wish me luck and would love some words of encouragement...I'll need it!!!!!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Pfft...that'll be nothing for you bro! DO IT!!!

Michelle said...

You can absolutely be ready for that!!!! I would love to do a sprint before I do my Oly, but feel bad about asking Scott to take the boys for me two Sundays in a row.... Haven't ruled it out, though, so we'll see. But I have no doubt that you'll be able to do this - it sounds like the perfect intro to tri!

Kevin said...

Go for it!!You definitely can do it!!

Sherry said...

Welcome back to blogland, Shawn! :o)

I totally think you could be ready for the tri on August 17th and it would be a good tune-up race for your tri in September. Since it would technically be your "B" at this point, you could approach it as tempo training. I think you could make it a very positive and beneficial experience. Keep us posted on your decision!