Saturday, July 26, 2008

Almost there!

First off I want to say congrats to all of those who ran the Blessing of the Fleet 10 miler. I will be there next year!!!!

I just rented my wetsuit for the Tri in August. I figured I would rent one this year and then next year buy one. I went with a sleeveless wetsuit since the water temp is around 70 degrees. This afternoon I plan on taking a 10 mile bike ride. Tomorrow morning I will hit the pool at the YMCA and get some laps in. Last night I went for a 3 mile run around Providence. Halfway through the run I started getting side stiches. That sucked! I just slowed my pace down and dealt with it. So lets see, I got a wetsuit coming, I bought my tri shorts and I will be buying a new pair of running shoes either today or tomorrow. I figured 3 weeks should be enough time to break them in. I do need to bring my bike into the shop for a tune up. So much to do.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad the training is coming along well - sounds like you're getting right back in the swing of things.

You definitely need to do the Blessing next year - the crowd support was unlike any race I've ever done - fabulous!!!

Mark said...

You're well on your way to have a great, first race!

Kevin said...

Good to hear things are going well.

Steve Stenzel said...

Sleeveless sounds good for that water. I have a sleeveless wetsuit, and I just wouldn't want to be restricted by sleeves.

And YES, bring Spaghetti-Os for a post-race re-fueling!! They're the best!