Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Time!

The weather has been awesome lately! Today was in the 60's and with a slight cool breeze made for an awesome run today. I went for a nice 2.66 mile run. Only averaged 10 min miles but I knew if I wanted to go further then 2 miles I would have to keep it slow. It has been a slow process getting back into the swing of running but I have to learn to be patient, which I don't want to! The run went well except for the little pain I felt in my ankles. I think it's because I haven't ran much. I will probably keep the run every other day for now and when I feel better about my running, make it an every day thing. I actually need to get my butt on the bike. I really have been slacking on that.

For the past few days I have been battling some sort of stomach virus. The virus has been winning so far. But I am going to kick it's little butt soon. The only good thing about the past few days is that I was able to drop a few pounds! Talking with my brother last night I told him that this virus was probably a good thing. It has givin me a good chance to cleanse my body of unwanted crap.

Anyways, you peeps up here in the Northeast....Winter is over!!!!!!!

6 comments:

GetBackJoJo said...

THANK GOD!!!!
Today running I actually thought, wow, it's really over. I really don't think we are going to get another arctic blast! It's actually hot!
(in my mind, the 60s are hot.)
sorry about the virus. You probably did cleanse your whole system!

Mark said...

Good job on being patient on the run progress! yes, you definitely need to get your ass on the bike...err, like 4 months ago!!!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run! HORRAY for winter being gone!!!

Unknown said...

Great job with the run. You are so right to be patient. Build that base first. Then you will be able to push the pace without getting hurt.

Michelle said...

Good job being patient. That's the key to avoiding reinjury.

And yes, get that bike out - I went for my first ride of the season this past weekend, and it was fabulous!

Sherry said...

Way to go! I know how difficult it is to be patient AND to consciously hold back on a run, but your health is worth it.

Now, kick that stomach virus in the butt ASAP and enjoy your gorgeous Spring weather!