Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spinning Class Will Kick My Butt

Today I went to the Y's orientation class for spinning. Before anyone can take a class they must go through the orientation. So today during class I was fitted for the bike and we went through a couple of different drills and techniques. The whole time I was there I was peddling away trying to get a little work out in. Once everyone was set with their bikes, the instructor gave us a 20 min lesson. Wow! This will be difficult. By the end of the session, I was sweating up a storm and dying for some water. I can't wait to complete an actual class.

Nothing much else is going on. I ran another mile on the treadmill yesterday. It was so nice outside and I just wanted to run on the road, but I don't think I am ready for that yet. I think by the end of next week I will take a crack at running outside. Until then I will suffer on the treadmill.

I am really excited that the weather is getting warmer. I can deal with 40's and 50's. I just hope that we are all done with snow.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait for the spinning classes to start!

Sherry said...

Hey Shawn! I found my way to your blog through Rachel's blog (Diary of an Amateur Triathlete).

It looks like you and I are working towards the same goals. It's pretty cool for me to read someone else's blog who has goals that are on-par with mine. I'm competing in my first sprint tri this May (and then another in July) and hope to do an Oly before the end of the year. My sites are set on Ford Florida Half-Ironman 70.3 for May 2009 and then if all goes well, Ironman Florida is 2010. Sound familiar? :o)

I've bookmarked your page, so I'll definitely be stopping by again!

Train hard!!!