Friday, December 14, 2007

In the ZONE

Ever have one of those days when everything just clicks. You hit that ZONE where no mater what everything feels right. I use to have those days every once in a while when I was either skateboarding or inline skating. I would just be able to land every trick I tried. I had one of those days in the pool today. Lets back up a little. This morning I didn't want to do anything today. I didn't feel like swimming or biking or whatever. Staying home and sleeping or just watching TV just sounded so good. Then I read Me and the Boys and read what a great day michelle had in the pool the other day. It just got me super motivated so I grabbed my stuff and headed to the Y. After my initial laps I was going to do as many laps as I could without stopping. I thought I would make it as far as 400 meters then stop. 400 meters, felt good and kept going. 500, 600, ......900, 1000! I stopped at 1000 meters!!!!! I couldn't believe how fluid my motions were and how comfortable I felt during those 1000 meters. I just felt so relaxed and I could have kept going, but I had to stop due to time constraints. In total I swam 1800 meters today. Simply awesome. Hopefully I will have more days like that (especially during race day). After the swim I jumped on the stationary bike for 10 miles. If I didn't have to leave I would have jumped on the treadmill for 3 miles, just to complete my first YMCA indoor workout triathlon! NExt time!

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Mike said...

great swim! :)

I love days like that ... seems weird how often those sessions happen when you don't really feel like 'getting going'.

Michelle said...

Awesome job on the swim! Glad I could inspire you!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job on the 1000 meters!! Makes me feel like hitting the pool (for the first time in WAY too long...)

Mark said...

OMG....1800M? Dude!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

That's AWESOME! Now, you can use that in upcoming swims to help motivate you. Just try to recapture that feel. Sounds like a breakthrough workout. Nice!