Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Report


Last night was great. After I worked 1st shift last yesterday so I could be home to take the kids trick or treating. It has been tradition for my family that we have Chinese food on Halloween. I was really looking forward on eating general tso chicken and Singapore mei fun. As we did last Halloween, we invited our friends over Chris and Andrea and their 2 kids Mark and Quinn to partake in the Chinese and to trick or Treat in our neighborhood. My neighborhood is any trick or treater’s dream. It is a wonderful place to live and there are tons of kids here. Plus in several of the houses I think the parents enjoy Halloween more then the kids do and go all out on decorations and dress up themselves. The trick or treaters started showing up around 6:15 last night, just as we were finishing up dinner. We got the kids ready and headed out into the neighborhood. Reese was a butterfly and Brady was Diego from Dora the Explorer. Both were very cute as you can see from the pictures. Reese wanted to walk the whole time. She did a great job saying trick or treat and grabbing 1 piece of candy, sometimes sneaking up and taking another. Brady was an old pro remembering from last year. He loved it and had such a good time. Everyone was wiped out by the time we got home. Talking with the neighbor, they said they went through 15 bags of candy. That’s a lot of kids. Both Reese and Brady made out pretty well. All in all it was a great night and lots of fun for everyone.

Today was the day to get back on track. After I dropped the kids off at daycare I went to the Y and started my work out for the day. I started off with stretching, then moved onto the stationary bike for a quick 5 mile warmup. After the bike I went for a 3.5 mile run. The past few times I have ran it seems like it is getting a little easier each time. I feel so comfortable running and I am not tired. Of course I get winded and have to slow my pace down or take a 30 sec walk break but it just seems easy. Maybe I should push my speed up a little more. I have a 5 mile run planned on Saturday so we will see how that goes I guess. After the run I jumped in the pool for 400 meters. Today was the first time I actually swam full laps. Normally I swim ½ laps and stop, rest and then continue. Not today, I was swimming 1 lap (50meters) and then stopping. A great accomplishment and I was really excited. I am just taking things slow and easy and I know I will be swimming multiple laps soon.

3 comments:

Arron said...

thanks for stopping bye and committing on my site. your journey from couch to tri will be awesome!! later.

Kim said...

oh my god, can your kids be ANY cuter?!

Michelle said...

Nice job on the swimming! Getting in the pool several times a week is definitely paying off! The kids look so cute : )