Wednesday, May 28, 2008

4 Mile Run

Today I went for my first 4 mile run since January 1st! I was only planning on a 3 miles, but I was running on the nice and flat bike path and at the turn around point I decided to keep going since my ankle felt fine. I ran the 4 miles in 41 minutes. I was surprised on the time since I did take 2 walk breaks. After the run I felt great! I do have a long way to go before I am ready for the 10 mile blessing of the Fleet run, but I have have 2 months to get ready. On another note, I am part of the Hornet Juice Challenge so before my run today I drank some of the magic elixir and I really didn't feel any different during or after my run. I have a good 2 week supply of the stuff, so I will continue to use it and hopefully I will notice any sort of difference.

I am on the hunt for Tri shorts for my upcoming races this year and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what shorts are the best? Keep in mind that I am a Clyde and skin tight shorts is not really the thing for me. Is there lose fitting Tri shorts out there? Any help would be great!

HAppy Hump day!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

I did the hornet juice challenge as well. The one good thing i noticed was that I wasnt completely zonked after a ling run or ride.

I am a clyde too, but I just got sone Izumi tri shorts. Not very flattering but they get the job done. You may want to consider wearing tri shorts and put some running shorts on over them at T1

Mark said...

I disagree with Kevin. No one, under any circumstances should wear running shorts over tri shorts!!!

Suck it up Shawn ;)

Unknown said...

Nice job with the 4-miler.

As for tri shorts, I always had good luck with the DeSoto's and TYR's. I'm not aware of anything in tri that isn't skin-tight, but there might be something out there.

Rachel said...

Good job on your run! Don't know of any loose fitting tri shorts. I like 2XU.

Sherry said...

Good job on the 4-miler!

Okay... I know I'm female, but I'd have to recommend DeSoto. I love the quality. I doubt that you'll find anythig loose fitting. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. There are SO many body shapes/sizes that participate in these things and believe me, everyone is more focused on his/her race than on spandex. :o)

I wouldn't recommend putting running shors over the tri shorts at T1 (they would catch too much air on the bike), but you could put them on at T2. However, I think you'll find that you'll be fine without them.

SM said...

Thanks guys for all of the recommendations. I will not running shorts over my tri shorts...lol.