Monday, February 4, 2008

Hello

Well it seems like I need to have a Dr. check out my ankle. Last week it was feeling much better, but then on Saturday I put on a differant pair of shoes ( I have been wearing my running sneakers for the past 2 weeks) and that night my achilles tendon and surrounding area was very sore. I will be contacting a local Dr. that actually completed Kona this year. I would think he would know something about running injuries.

I went down to check out the Super 5K road race this past Sunday. I really wanted to run that race. Actually the last time I ran was on that course. It was such a beautiful day for a race. I got there around 20 mins after the race started so I hung around to see Michelle set an PR of 23.30! WTG Michelle! Hopefully I will be able to run the 27th Annual CLAMDIGGER 5 mile race in April.

I really have been slacking lately becuase of the injury. I gained a few pounds also. That will all change this week. I jumped on the stationary bike today to see if there would be any pain. I didn't feel any but I am wondering if I should do that. So I figure it will be mostly pool and circuit workouts until I see the Doc.

Congrats to the Giants. I didn't think they would get it done. All the props to them. Bring on the Red Sox!!!

5 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

BAH. Good luck with ankle. What are they good for anyway...

Michelle said...

Hopefully all you need is a little PT and you'll be back on the roads in no time. It's so hard to stay motivated when you're injured. I would bet that the bike is fine - hopefully the dr. oks you for that, so you at least have a couple options.

Unknown said...

Hope the ankle feels better soon, but you are right. There are a lot of other things you can do in the gym while it heals. Just time to get inventive.

GetBackJoJo said...

sorry about the ankle! hope you can get into physical therapy and get it all fixed up...

Mark said...

Hang in there bro! Hope you get some good advice from the doc! Keep doing something!