Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sox Take the First Game!!!!

Lets hear it for the Redsox!!! That was a nice win against the Angels last night. Beckett was awesome! Hopefully Daisuke can pitch just as well on Friday.

Spent another 30 minutes in the pool today. I felt a little better with my breathing but still not comfortable with it. I actually made it down to the end of the pool without stopping for air, which is a huge accomplishment for me. I can't wait to read this a couple of months now when I can swim laps to the moon and remember how hard it was just to breath correctly. Untill then I will keep practicing.

Other then that it was a pretty uneventful day. After the swim I jumped on the elliptical for 3 miles and did a few ab workouts.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a great game, wasn't it?

Keep up with the swimming, and you'll feel more and more comfortable with the breathing - that was a big hurdle for me to overcome, too. The Triathlete magazine Triathlon book has descriptions of some good drills, when you want to start doing them.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are making good progress with the swimming. It takes time, but it's a learned skill and I'm betting you'll be doing 1,000m repeats in no time.

That was quite a pitching performance for sure. My D-Backs are a win away from the NLCS and it looks like it may be an all-NL West showdown. We'll see. I just loved how everyone was picking the Cubs and now they are all making excuses. The Cubs just aren't that good...worst record of any of the playoff teams in the worst division in baseball. Not exactly a juggernaut, huh?

SM said...

I don't know much about the NL since the Sox play for the AL, but I did know that the CUbs were not a good team. Good luck to the D-Backs and maybe we will se them in the World Series

Mark said...

Blogging is a good way to realize how far you've come. As you said, one day, you'll browse your archives and look back and go, wow.

I do this with this blog post on mine:
http://moonpie.org/triblog/?p=15

Dances with Corgis said...

Baseball fever around these parts...

The swimming will come with time. Seriously, I've always noticed it's easiest to make big gains in swimming... just keep throwing yourself in that water and gutting it out...