Monday, June 30, 2008

Update!

So I have been away from blogging for awhile. I needed to take a break from the running and training to see how my body would hold up to working 80 hours a week, yeap 80 hours. The company I am working for on 2nd shift is closing down and moving to a different state. So I found a job and I decided to work both jobs for the next 6 weeks so I can receive the severance and bonus package from the company that is closing. The first week was a little rough. But last week wasn't too bad. So at the end of last week I decided to start running again and slowly bring the swimming and biking back as well. It helps when the new company I am working for has locker rooms and showers and a few people that go running during lunch time.

Anyways things are going well. I took it slow and ran only a mile today. I will be building distance over the next few weeks and on the weekends hit the bike and pool. Then in the beginning of August (Thats when I will be on a normal 9 - 5 work schedule) I will be increasing my swim and bike training in hopes to be ready for the 3rd Annual Ocean Community YMCA Triathlon. I don't want to go through this year without completing a TRi. That was my goal at the first of the year and I don't want to loose site of it. As for my ankle, I have not seen a Dr. about it and I just took some advil before my run today and it was fine and didn't hurt at all today. Hopefully it will be fine.

Happy Monday!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ugh - 80 hour weeks??!! No wonder you were taking a break! Glad you'll be getting back to a more normal schedule soon.

Steve Stenzel said...

OH GOD!! That's a crazy schedule! Good luck!!!