Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If its not one thing its another

Ever since I started running after my Retrocalcaneal Bursitis was healed, I have had pain in other areas of my ankle. I just thought it was from not running for almost 3 months and it would go away with time. BUT....it hasn't. I went for a run the other day and had to turn around after a mile and walk back to my car. There are days I can run 3 or 4 miles with hardly any pain, and others when I can't even finish 1 mile. It has been like this for the past 2 months and I am getting very frustrated with the whole thing. Before the 5K race a few weeks ago, I took 3 advil just in case it hurt during the race. I guess that's sort of a bad thing to do. I have been very down lately because of this mystery ankle pain. I don't even feel like working out anymore. The other day it was so nice out I wanted to go for a bike ride, but didn't. Is it a mental thing...maybe, but I need to do something about this ankle before I just give up on the whole triathlon thing all together. So tomorrow I am going to call the Doctor's office and set up an appointment to have it checked out. What I really want is to have xrays or an MRI done. My guess is that they will tell me get one anyways. The pain only comes on when I run or move my ankle from side to side, and I know it is not tendinitis, my achililes feels great!

I will keep everyone up to date.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Good to hear you are at least getting to the doc. Hope it goes well and you find something out soon

Michelle said...

I know how you feel, Shawn. That's what happened to me last year - one injury after another. It does get you down, and it left me feeling very unmotivated. Just try to get back out there asap with the biking and swimming. It might be tough to get motivated, but you'll feel better once you get it done, and maintaining your fitness with the biking/swimming will help you when you are able to get back to running more regularly.

And it's good you're going back to the dr. - better to get some answers sooner rather than later. Good luck!